Sunday 30 September 2012

The Sunday Spinster Sermons: Part 10: Transmutation

And so, dear reader, there is no music playing as you attend today's Sunday Spinster Sermon as everything I have to say is in this musical piece to follow. 

It begins thusly:

There I was in outer space passing through a portal that magically closed behind me.
Today I am attending a private gathering of the silly creatures who are performing a musical ritual which I find fascinating. I shall take many notes and report back soon
love, your friend, travelling Al x



'And if you're paralysed by a voice in your head 
It's the standing still that should be scaring you instead 
Go on and - Do it anyway - Do it anyway 

There will be times you might leap before you look 
There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book 
Do it anyway - Do it anyway 

Tell me what I said I'd never do 
Tell me what I said I'd never say 
Read me off a list of the things I used to not like but now I think are ok 

Sometimes it's not subjective: wrong and right 
Deep down you know it's downright wrong but you're invincible tonight 
So you - Do it anyway - It's done - You did it 

Despite your grand attempts the chips are set to fall 
And all the stories you might weave cannot negotiate them all 
Do it anyway - Be honest, anyway 

Read me off a list of the things I used to not like but now I think are OK.' 


Jim Henson wisdom at its finest. Following last week's bafflement at the cards the universe chose to deal me, I have picked myself up, brushed myself off, started all over again. Or returned to where I started. The interesting loops of life. Back to Hong Kong I go. Older and wiser. Or older and more capable of gratitude for all the wonderful things HK had to offer that England does not. I can't wait to see all of my friends again. I can't wait to get working on exciting projects. I can't wait to live in my own place. I can't wait to be free at last!

I leave you with a wonderful object of affection. The divinal Ursula Andress in SHE.
SHE who must be obeyed! ...SHE who must be loved! ...SHE who must be possessed!
If you want something ridiculously indulgent this Sunday. You can't go far wrong to watch this. I mean look at the synopsis! 

An Edwardian archaeologist and two companions stumble upon a lost city in East Africa, run by a beautiful queen whose love holds the promise of immortality.

OR

Eternal love. Gone wrong.


And as someone finally finding some of her own... peace be with you everyone. 

Your friend,

Travelling Al

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment