Monday 1 November 2010

THANK YOU

Sooooo...

Written the first 2,148 words to the strains of Sigur Ros... so if strange selkies and faerie folk appear in the book I wouldn't be overly suprised... so far I've been pondering travel and remembering the first 24hours in Hong Kong back in September 2002. I've not even met you HK people yet? Imagine?!

Thank you so, so, very much for your kind and lovely words of encouragement regarding this project. I'm going to put them all on one sheet and print it out so I can read over them again when considering bailing.... which I shan't... lest the Goblin Faerie Queen seek comeupance.

Alongside writing, I'll also be working at Waterstones in Shrewsbury over Christmas, first day next Wednesday when I shall begin singing the minimum wage blues... thank the elves for MPF refunds!

Here goes the thank yous...

Thank you Nari, England is misty, mellow and not disimilar to comfort eating vast amounts of Yorkshire Pudding, thank you Kelly, I'll doubtless be fact checking on your website, thank you Peter, thank you Lavinia, superb advice, I de-dongle and cannot reinsert til 2,000 words exist, thank you Vicky, thank you Kat, haiiigh faaive, thank you Jill, one of my all time favourite Goethe quotes, thank you Clare and Tony, so glad to have you both as shipmates for November's literary bootcamp, thank you Tina J, always an inspiration, thank you Alice, meow and purr, thank you Carla Bear, thank you Tina C, happy Japaning, thank you Tom, I'll holdyou to that! :), thank you Ryan, Fist & Finger indeed, thank you Louise, your words make me all fuzzy inside, thank you Tamara, thank you Al Squared, fine words indeed, thank you Laurence, ha!, thank you Fiona, marvellous email danke!, thank you Tanya, how lovely, a great inspiration to me indeedie!

And now, I can get back to the fabulous business of perusing facebook for all those phenomenal Halloween costumes. Anyone would think there were a surfeit of little monsters in Hong Kong? Devil worshippers... the lot of you!

And then watch the big silence about folks doing a vipassana benedictine monk style - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vjcp5/The_Big_Silence_Episode_1/

Happy writing kisses

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment