Wednesday 8 July 2009

By George I think she's got it!

So - how was it?
How did it go?
Did I hurl?
Have I bottled it never to return to the evil world of camps and boots?
Well...

I was like a very good boy scout and super well prepared the day before. I ended up going to bed at 9.30pm to try and make sure I got my 8 hours sleep. I woke up at 6, made my sandwich to keep me going, and got to the football court just after 7. I was the first one there. I sat, and sat a bit more, watching the old ladies chat centre court with their wheelie shopping bags. The odd jogger waddled past slapping their white tennis shoes on the hard concrete... but no booters.

And then I saw them, the first few boot types entering the court and walking towards me (I clearly resembled a 'booter' due to my trainers and apprehension). One larger man, one slender man, and a woman who looked like she already ran ultra-marathons.... A cheerleader type replete with ponytail came next, then another fellow fashioning an Ed Hardy T-shirt. Then the Boot Camp Leader herself... Dora, the yoga teacher...

I could see this bootcamp was going to be a lot friendlier than I had envisioned :)

We dutifully filled in our forms. I'm the token type A (blood type - certainly not personality) - so was given commiserations as that killer instinct just isn't really there to force me through the pain. And pain there would be. From 7.30 til 9am outside. Then 9 til 10 inside with TRX loopy things suspended ominously from the ceiling.

But after it all, I felt joyful!

I wasn't ill. I just POWER napped for the rest of the day as my body didn't quite know what had hit it!

The next day, I woke up sore, but not too sore, and proceeded to spend day swimming in sea, and then attending an evening yoga class.

In fact, I must dash, and have another yoga class in 15 minutes.

I do believe the reformation has commenced!

More to follow

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment